Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break in Washington DC







It was a long drive... but we managed!




Jackson Loved the ipod... which means... so did I!





We saw so many great historical sites that I could never show you all the photos... but it was awesome!



We all loved the Abraham Lincoln Memorial. The girls loved the tour of the home that he died in across the street from the Ford Theater ... I guess because it was so personal as compared to all of the statues. The home made it a little more real.


One of my favorites was the National Portrait Gallery. I loved seeing all of the different portraits of those history makers. I thought it was amazing that Joseph Smith was right there with Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin and many other historical figures. But of course the most popular spot in the museum was the bathrooms where Stephen Colbert is.

The Arlington National Cemetery was vast and just incredible.





We saw so much... it was my favorite Spring Break vacation so far. The girls were great. They really took interest in the history and culture that DC had to offer! I can't wait to go again... someday.

1 comment:

khepworth said...

I love DC. That is so great that you were able to take your family. What a fun vacation. How old is Jackson? He's so cute!