Friday, March 7, 2008

A Real Snow Day!



We have lived in St. Louis almost five years now. They cancel school at least twice a year due to inclimate weather... but I am sure that this was the first legite snow day. It snowed for 5 hours straight... I mean real snow (we do not get much of that here. Ice and other crap, sure... but not pretty white snow.)! Here is a view down our road... no plows... just one set of tire tracks. I was sure that Rich was going to get high centered when he tried to pull into the garage... but he made it.

Jackson and Mia helped Rich shovel the driveway... by that I mean they moved the snow from one spot on the driveway to another spot that he had already shoveled.


Hannah just played outside and helped Jackson try to keep his gloves on. He was so excited that he kept shaking his hands and the gloves would just fly off.



Whitney and I just stayed inside. My back hurt and poor Whitney has another ear ache. UGHH!

The next day they called school again... no real reason except there was water on the roads. The kids loved it though and we had a little sledding party in the backyard. Whit was feeling better after getting some antibiotics and even got into a good old snow ball fight against the boys! The sleds did not work because the snow was melting so fast and was too wet. It did not stop them from playing for hours.


The snow is almost gone now, two days later... but it was fun while it lasted. It made me a little less homesick... a little!

2 comments:

Twisted Sweeties said...

Any pictures I see of your kids makes me miss them so much more! While you were enjoying snow days, we were enjoying 75 degree sunny weather. Neil totally has a red and white farmers tan.

Phil G. said...

I am jealous even of a farmers tan. I am a consistent pasty white inductee into the united pale force team. I am so excited for the sun to come out that even the thought of it makes me feel better.