Monday, October 13, 2008

=w=eezer!!!!!


How great was my weekend? So great!! I got to see all but one of my siblings (Miss you Tia!), my mom, my beautiful nieces and even a pretty fun bro. in -law. Jackson and I flew to Utah to go see everyone and attend a fairly awesome Weezer concert.

It was SO MUCH FUN! Phil and I even made wicked cool tees for the concert. The first band was complete crap. It was supposed to be The Tokyo Police Club... it wasn't. Then Angels and Airwaves took the stage to open. The music was good... Tom Delonge, the lead singer, was a total dirtbag. He was cheesy and lame all at the same time. Although the guys in front of us were absurdly into it. A crazy Hippie chic danced WAY to close to Phil. Oh and Weezer was FANTASTIC!!!

Rivers was eccentric (what's new) and they played most of our favorites (No Good Life or Only in Dreams). I sang/ screamed along to it all and am still hoarse. I love my family so much... it says something that they still hung out with me after the concert started and I was crazy. Grandma Nina stayed at Maggie's and watched the babies... she is THE BEST!

Jackson was a champ on the airplane. I just had to sing Popcorn popping constantly and he was just fine.

6 comments:

khepworth said...

Sounds like a fun time!
I'm going thru an Angels and Airwaves phase right now. I'm diggin' what their throwing out.

Twisted Sweeties said...

You forgot the AA's cheesy/creepy laser eyes, and weird flashlight eyes. Unfortunately, I don't think that I will ever take their music seriously because of their lead singer. Gross!!

Cami said...

How fun! I too enjoy Weezer. We planned to go to the concert, but life happened! Glad you had such a fun time. Love the shirts :)

Tanner Fam said...

Sonya...well, well, a blast from the past! I found you through Cami, so sorry if you were trying to hide out. I cannot believe how big your kids are...you all look great. One of the things I remember about you was that you had GREAT taste in music. I will be checking in on you from time to time...

Neil Sharp said...

How could you leave out the most fantabulous part?! Tom Delonge let us sneak a peak into his amazing life. How great was it hearing his story of sneaking out of his friend's room to spy on his sister, who just happened to be dancing naked in front of an open window. Man, what a life! He's just a guy who grew up in San Diego @#*%$#@ California who wanted to play music to make you feel all gooey and tickly inside.

An unfortunate unforseen consequence of this concert, I think I now have a man crush on Scott Shriner. When he sang, it was almost as if I was the only one in the room and he was singing just to me.

grandma nina said...

I can't call out on my pone right now because I have just changed my number so that it wasn't an out of town number. My # is 208-680=9340.

That was the greatest night ever other than missing Tia. There was an after concert tribute to Weezer on the radio that we got to listen to until we got to Lagoon. We got in so late. Leigh stayed up with me all night.